EGT Trade Policy Acknowledgement Form
All business activities pursuant to agreements with EGT shall be undertaken in accordance with the Exim Group (Thailand) Trade Policy ("EGT Policy")
Section 1 International Trade Compliance
Thailand commodities subject to these agreements will be exported from Thailand in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations and all other applicable Thailand laws and regulations. Reexport, transshipment, or diversion of these commodities contrary to Thailand law is prohibited.
Section 2 Anti-Corruption Compliance
No payments of money, or anything of value, shall be made, nor shall such be offered, promised or paid, directly or indirectly, to a government official (described herein) with the intent to influence the acts of such official in his official capacity or to induce him to use his influence with a government to obtain or retain business or gain an improper advantage in connection with any business venture or contract in which EGT is a participant.
A government official can include an official (elected, appointed, or career) or employee of a government, including inspectors, customs officials, police officers, etc. “Government” includes:
- Any governmental agency, department, instrumentality, ministry, commission, committee or any other body of a non-Thailand. national, state or local government.
- An officer or employee of a government-owned or government-controlled business, corporation, company or organization (Note in some countries, an employee of the chamber of commerce or other pro-business entity may be considered a governmental official.
- An official or employee of a public international organization (e.g., Olympics Committees, United Nations, World Bank, World Trade Organization, World Customs Organization).
- An individual acting for or on behalf of a government or public international organization even though he may not be an employee of such government or organization (such as an uncompensated honorary official or a member of a royal family); or
- A political party or official thereof, or a candidate for political office.
The EGT Policy and the laws in some countries in which EGT operates, such as China, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru , Chile ,Poland , Spain , France , USA and Russia also prohibit commercial bribery, which refers to the practice of giving something of value to an intermediary (i.e., a customer’s employee), usually without the knowledge of upper management, and with the intention of influencing the customer’s commercial conduct. Accordingly, the EGT Policy prohibits EGT’s employees and agents from giving or receiving anything of significant value for the purpose of gaining an improper advantage in any transaction with actual or potential customers, vendors or suppliers.
Section 3 Acknowledgment
Any contracting party agrees immediately to inform PMI should information arise that the contracting party or any of its employees, agents, or related parties have engaged in any activities that appear to be in violation of the EGT Policy.
EGT reserves the right immediately to terminate a contract should EGT become aware that the contracting party has acted in a manner inconsistent with the EGT Policy.
Upon entering into agreements with EGT, as set forth above, each contracting party acknowledges that it has read, understood, and will comply with the foregoing EGT Policy.